modemlights applet

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 15:29:30 UTC 2007

Ever since upstream gnome-applets made the modemlights applet depend
on gnome-system-tools, we used to include the old modemlights applet
from gnome 2.9 in the gnome-applets package. This is obviously
problematic, since that code is not maintained at all, and it refuses
to build against current kernel headers now. Therefore, I have dropped
it from the gnome-applets package in rawhide now.

There are some options for people who really depend on the
modemlights applet:
- start maintaining the old modemlights applet and package it separately
- convince upstream to make the gnome-system-tools dependency optional
- package gnome-system-tools for Fedora
- make sure that the ppp that is going to appear in NetworkManager
  meets your needs

Matthias