A bugzilla bookmark in the default Firefox install?

Bryan Clark bclark at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 15:55:01 UTC 2007

Christopher Aillon wrote:
> On 11/14/2007 05:00 PM, Rogue wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I had a need to file a bug regarding some SELinux related matters, and
>> one of the things that I felt would be a good to have is a bookmark
>> pointing to the Fedora bugzilla. This bookmark could get installed in
>> the stock Firefox/Galeon/etc installs.
>>
>> What do you guys think about it?
>
> Honestly, this sounds like the perfect item to add to the default
> homepage to me.  Bookmarks are more permanent.  Once you get a
> bookmark, you can't change it with an update.  The start page is more
> liquid, so if we were ever to move to e.g. bugzilla.fedoraproject.org
> or whatever, we could just change it on the start page.

100% agree!  We an even be friendlier than a bookmark on the homepage
than in bookmarks because we could use a little more room to explain
things.  A bookmark might end up being "Fedora Bugzilla" and mean
something to few where off the homepage we could be a little more task
based showing links to FAQs for possibly common problems and Fedora
Bugzilla for filling issues.

~ Bryan