new user creation module in firstboot

Bryan Clark bclark at redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 18:05:36 UTC 2007

On 10/4/07, David Zeuthen <davidz at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 10:07 -0400, Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> > I thought that's why we had system-config-users for? Or am I missing
> > something here?
>
> As I wrote in my original mail there's overlap between this new cool
> thing, the GNOME About Me dialog and system-config-users. Ideally we
> should just have a single tool.

Yes, I think what we talked about in the GDM discussion was to reuse the
user dialog inside GNOME.  So there would be a dialog for creating / editing
a user account that can be called from GDM as well as a dialog for doing the
same inside the Desktop.  (i.e. the person probably shouldn't have to log
out to create / edit new users) To save effort we should attempt to reuse
code paths because the dialogs and actions will be almost exactly the same.

~ Bryan