think finger

Bryan Clark bclark at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 12:55:07 UTC 2007

Pushing off from Ben's email on new user creation [1] I wanted to get
some setup for the think finger support that david mentioned [2].

So to start off with some technical questions about think finger, some
of these might be obvious to other people besides me:

Can it's presence be detected automatically?  And it's (pam)
authentication be added automatically?

How many times does it take to train think finger support initially?

Can it be (re)trained incrementally?  Is this required?

What are the security models required for this?  Thinkfinger &&
password?  Thinkfinger || password? Just Thinkfinger?  My assumption
here is that either is accepted.

Can we get the image from think finger for user feedback?  Ray mentioned
we might be able to fake it, which would probably be good enough.

Can we detect / remember the number of failed think finger attempts
before a successful one?  This is related to retraining, if it's
possible to retrain the reader or human to scan better over time.

I think that's all for now, I'd like to work off responses.

~ Bryan

[1]
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2007-October/msg00002.html
<https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2007-October/msg00002.html>