Desktop SIG meeting today

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 14:39:11 UTC 2007

I just realized that I will not be able to attend the meeting today (for
some reason I thought it was at 1, not at 2). Here are the notes that I
had for things that could be discussed today. I hope someone else can do
the cheering/dancing/leading. Chris are you going to be there ?

Matthias

Anyway, here are my notes:

test2 status

• what desktop features are in and testable ?
∘ animated backgrounds
∘ bluetooth printing, browsing, smsing
∘ pulseaudio
∘ codecbuddy
∘ policykit - not much there yet, need to check with david,
  intlclock, gnome-device-manager still missing
∘ lots of quirks for suspend/resume and keyboard handling
∘ new theme (partially)
∘ bigboard
• which desktop features are not yet in ?
∘ new NM
∘ xulrunner

desktop spin status (from booting a spin built with yesterdays rawhide)
• udev slow
• tries to set up lvm - why ?
• rpcbind/statd/idmapd - should be turned off
• autofs too
• do we want rhgb on the livecd ?
• starting avahi fails - needs to be after NM ?
• dhcdbd should go out with the new NM
• avoid getty on vt1 ?

volunteers needed

• test2 feature testing and bug hunt
• side-by-side comparison to ubuntu, opensuse, etc

wiki

• SIGs/Desktop vs Desktop is confusing to me, can we have just one ?