No Desktop Live CD?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 12:47:40 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 08:39 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> Related to this, the torrents page (being the default download page
> that users land on from clicking "Get Fedora") is pretty bad:
[snip]
> Looking at it, you have to know what FEL means, what Live means, and
> even if you know those, what are the tradeoffs for Developer versus
> the (we need to call it Desktop not just -Live), etc?

Honestly, I think that the entire "Get Fedora" page needs to be
improved.  If you ever go directly to the list at
torrent.fedoraproject.org, it should be because
a) You're a long-time Fedora user and know exactly what you're looking
for
b) You're a rawhide tester (not ideal, but doing a whole splashy page
for rawhide torrents is probably overkill)

The Get Fedora page really could do with a description of the options
available as you mention, perhaps even with screenshots and largely
guide you towards an answer.  And ultimately, the file names shouldn't
really matter.

My attempts to get some people interested in working on it were less
than successful, though, and we want me to design a web page just barely
before I start drawing artwork :-)

Jeremy