No Desktop Live CD?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 13:54:30 UTC 2007

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:53:27 +0100
Bastien Nocera <bnocera at redhat.com> wrote:

> > > I thought Fedora-7.91-Live-i686.iso  was the "desktop" live cd.
> >
> > It really should be renamed to match what we call it.
>
> Hence my confusion.

I think this group created the confusion when they started calling it
the "Desktop" Live image.  From day one this was the image that Fedora
wanted to put out as /THE/ Fedora image.  As in if you don't want one
of the special spins, this is /THE/ spin we want you to have, and we
want the media to focus on, and we want to hand out at events.  The
premiere, spectacular, most special spin, that gets the grand name
space of "Fedora Live Image".  You've created confusion by referring to
it as the "Desktop" image.  Maybe that's because you want to create a
second live image that is more experimental and not the premiere live
image, and that's fine, and it does deserve a special name, but that's
a different beast than what is /the/ Fedora image right now.

--
Jesse Keating