Nautilus default in spatial mode?

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Mon Sep 17 11:52:33 UTC 2007

Hi,

I know this was discussed hundred times already, but I again ran to a
F8T2 review [1] which mentions this. Why is the nautilus defaulted to
spatial mode? IMHO, the browser mode is much more effective, has the
very useful sidepanel (treeview and bookmarks are the most usefull
ones), and opens only one window. Is there any reason to stay with
spatial mode, while almost anyone complains about it?

Thanks,
Martin

PS: I know, that I can change it very fast, but shouldn't the default be
the more effective one?