early-gdm redux ( I am sorry my way is better faster... for a desktop )

Rui Tiago Cação Matos tiagomatos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 10:33:21 UTC 2007

On Ter, 2007-09-18 at 11:34 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Might be the case. But as I said: I'm not the maintainer anymore. Talk
> to him about it (and maybe those core-fedora developers that vetoed
> SUID-root fuse back then).

Somewhat uninformed opinion but: can't D-Bus system activation with its
suid helper be used to do a fuse mount thus making the fuse binaries not
needing to have any extraordinary bit set? There could be a D-Bus policy
file that admins could edit and by default only console (local) users
should be allowed to use this "mount service".

2 cents worth

Rui