Screensaver cleanup

Rui Tiago Cação Matos tiagomatos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 16:36:39 UTC 2008

2008/12/11 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at hi.is>:
>> Also, we've been moving more to a model where the screen just turns off,
>> in the name of saving power.
>>

> That explains the bug I came across in anaconda when the screen went black
> after
> a while and I was unable to proceed with the install  :)

That's certainly a bug, the screen should turn on as soon as you move
your mouse or press a key.

More importantly, more screensavers can and probably should be added
to the gnome-screensaver list. But the default behaviour should indeed
be the one that saves the most power, thus power down the screen after
a while of inactivity.

Actually it might be a good idea to add a "Note: screen savers are
usually processor intensive and can drain your battery faster." to the
gnome-screensaver preferences when on a laptop and the user chooses
anything else than blank. Heck, maybe even make it unconditional and
show it always for the environmentally clueless.

Rui