gdm version in Fedora 9

As I understand, the GNOME release team has decided to ship gdm version 2.20 in GNOME 2.22 due to a number of regression but the plan for Fedora is still to have gdm 2.22 in F9, is this correct?

I ask this from the perspective of the Art Team, we approach a deadline (in about a week) when the desktop theme is supposed to be complete so is important for us to know *how* gdm will be themed. My understanding is that theming in the new gdm is much simpler (just a background image and the rest is done from Gtk+), could someone provide additional info?

[1] - http://mail.gnome.org/archives/release-team/2008-February/msg00059.html