Re: How to remove some mounted partition icons?

On Jan 5, 2008 10:55 AM, Valent Turkovic <valent turkovic gmail com> wrote:
> I meant exactly what I wrote. Having an icon on the desktop and not
> being able to remove it easily (just remove it not unmount it) goes
> agings everything I know about desktop usability.
Why just removed from the Desktop?
Why not also the Computer window?
Why not also the disk mounter panel applet?
Why not also the Places Menu?

The Desktop is not the only interactive UI element where these things
show up. I don't understand why the Desktop would be singled out
specifically?

-jef