Patch: timed progressbar for plymouth-plugin-spinfinity

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Jul 17 05:12:10 UTC 2008

Bastien Nocera escribió:
>> Using 'timebar:2' modifies the percentage calculation to use an
>> exponential function - this makes the bar run faster at first, then slow
>> as it approaches 100%. This makes startup seem even faster. Seriously!
>>

> Awesome. Humans are so gullible.

True, though I can think of ONE situation where faster boot times are
desirable: laptop users. For the minute or so it takes my laptop to boot
and initiate my session (no automatic session start, though), if the
battery is at full 100% charge, it will eat 5% of the charge during that
minute... Just do some math here and at that rate, should anything
happen during boot (like the scan of the largest partition on the
drive), there's only 20 or so minutes of power.