Re: The desktop beyond F10

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Comments and feedback welcome, either on this list or in the discussion
> tabs.

> Default CD ripper 	 Make Rhythmbox as good as iTunes for CD import

My last CD-ripping experience went like this: Insert CD 1. Rip CD 1.
Insert CD 2. Rip CD 2. Insert CD 3. Rip CD 3. ... Rip CD 6. Plug in MP3
player. Open the Music folder in Nautilus. Select the files to
copy---GOD DAMN YOU RHYTHMBOX! WHY THE $ !^#@$%^#$% DID YOU OUTPUT .OGGs
WITHOUT TELLING ME!?!... Insert CD 1. Re-rip CD 1...

I'm pretty sure the CD ripping experience before that went pretty much
the same way.

That said, this experience *is* actually "as good as iTunes" if you
don't have an iPod, since iTunes rips to AAC by default without warning you.

-- Dan