Re: Nightly attempts of live image creation

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 09:18 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Cool, good work. Would it be possible to actually run the images and see
> if if they boot? All it would need is starting the image in qemu and
> then getting the image to ping/send a file/ssh the host, and then we can
> kill the image. Potentially we could run this script nightly on a while
> load of different architectures.
>
> If you post the scripts, I'll see what I can do.

There are no scripts yet since I'm still doing things by hand until
we're happy with the results.

Attempting to boot them is going to be a little harder.  These compose
attempts will be running within a Xen guest, so I wouldn't be able to
make use of say KVM to boot them, and we don't have a lab of test
machines in the PHX infrastructure to do QA like tasks like this.  We
have a long term goal for this, but it's just not there right now.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!