Nightly attempts of live image creation

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Wed Oct 8 15:55:52 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 09:02 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 12:39 +0200, Nils Philippsen wrote:
> > I can deactivate the internal help browser in GIMP, it currently has
> > stability issues anyway. Then it should use the external default browser
> > for displaying help (I don't know if we ship gimp-help in the live media
> > at all). Alternatively, I can split off the internal help browser so we
> > can leave that out on live media -- it should be installed on normal
> > installations though because (once it's not crashing) it's much faster
> > at startup than say firefox.
>
> Is it faster than a new tab?  Since while it may be faster to start
> without firefox already running, I suspect that most people already hvae
> firefox running most of the time

With a running firefox it doesn't make much difference, but an external
web browser likely doesn't have the table-of-contents tree beside the
actual help content that the built-in browser has.

Users that prefer an external browser can configure GIMP that way.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty