Re: Voting considered harmful (Was: Re: Echo Icon Theme in F10?)

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Nicu Buculei (nicu_fedora nicubunu ro) said:
Bill Nottingham wrote:
It did occur to me - there are sites like gnome-look.org, kde-look.org;
is there a reason we aren't submitting the theme work (unbranded) we do
there as well?
There is no need for that, the theme is already included in other distros like Gentoo.

It seems like somebody (a 3-rd party?) submitted it also to gnome-look (which is just another font-end to kde-look): http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=49955 but maintenance there is a pain in the ass, you have to manually keep it in sync with our git.

Not just Echo - I mean Nodoka, Solar, Gears, etc.

Nodoka is included in even more distros and a desktop theme (like Solar) is too volatile and with little use beyond Fedora - other distros can use the wallpaper, but they have little use of Anaconda splashes and such (note that we keep the branding low on those images so they *can* be used by other distros) .