Re: Echo Icon Theme in F10?

Máirín Duffy wrote:
Jeff Spaleta wrote:
My understanding is that inkscape is using its own internal svg
rendering codebase, which isn't exported as a library for other
applications to make use of more directly.

Inkscape uses Cairo AFAIK.

No, Inkscape uses Cario only in *some* places (outline view), the main rendering is made with its own engine.
But while not perfect, these days Cario is quite good.

Are we actually using svg for the icons? I was under the
impression the artists are exporting them to PNG to various
sizes (under the standard icon themes in
/usr/share/gnome/icons follow) so that they match the pixel
grid.

Correct. Also PNGs are used for performance reason, they load faster and with less CPU use.