Browser mode for nautilus

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Oct 27 16:26:11 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 10:25 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
>>
>> FWIW, I personally don't think any of these are good answers. Often I
>> think it would be useful if we had a good dictator to tell us what to do
>> (in the Linus is the dictator of the kernel way).
>
> Who exactly do you believe should be that dictator?

I think many of us remember the times when we had Seth Nickell and Havoc
  talking "visionary" things about the desktop (even if they weren't
exactly "dictators"), it was very useful to see the direction we are
going to... any direction.
Currently the appearance is we do not have any direction beside "follow
upstream", but the upstream (GNOME) pretty much lack the direction also
(Havoc and Seth were "upstream").

So yes, I would pretty much like to see someone taking leadership and
defining a direction, a "vision". And if he is coherent and active, we
may be glad to call him our "dictator".