Browser mode for nautilus

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Mon Oct 27 18:13:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 19:04 +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Aaaahhhhh! That is why I can't open my corporate local pages!!! I
> thought I was going nuts! I went from FC6 to F10 (rawhide) and I
> thought this was some rawhide bug or miss configuration on my part.
>
> How do I enable .local pages to work again?

Just disable the firewall (service iptables stop)? That's what I do
anyway. IMNSHO, these days the firewall is a relic from the 1990's era.
It breaks at least mDNS (e.g. .local name resolution), gnome-user-share,
banshee/rhythmbox etc. music sharing. I also think we should also
disable the firewall for the desktop spin.

      David