Browser mode for nautilus

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 01:19:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 00:21 +0100, David Nielsen wrote:
> I, for one, would be happy to push for davidz to be the "desktop
> dictator",

Thanks for the, uh, endorsement. But I don't think I'm the right person;
first of all I've already got a ton of commitments (the mythical
dictator position would be a full time job I think), second we probably
need someone who's, uh, more, let's just say, more patient and nicer
than me on mailing lists (I know I can come across as a real asshole).
But I'd be more than happy to keep the dictator(s) honest!

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Who exactly do you believe should be that dictator?

It's hard to say, I tried to allude in my message that I raised more
questions than I answered (and I certainly wasn't pointing to myself for
this mythical position).

So I think this thread shows we need to figure this out; it's pretty
clear that the status quo where the combined desktop livecd product is
everyones responsibility (through maintaining their own packages) means
that it's no-ones responsibility. We have a lot of low-hanging fruit
just *waiting* to be picked up (the firewall problem is one such) but
typically such work requires coordination, education and banner carrying
across multiple areas both inside and outside the desktop live cd space.

Answers on a post card (because I'm leaving on a jet plane early
tomorrow).

     David