Re: Fedora 10 Preview live size

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 17:21 -0400, Ray Strode wrote:
Here is a diff to snap3, we've grown a bit.
How big are we total? Are we over?

Whoops, yeah, we're at 707M

I do believe we're going to save some space on the solar stuff due to
some splitting, but not sure how much that's going to save us:
Should be significant enough to sway the size of things, so would be good
to know before putting much more effort into downsizing.

--Ray

I'll know more tomorrow once we get stuff built up from things we tagged
today.

It looks like the solar plymouth theme is taking up a lot. I wonder if the graphics from it could be run thru optipng? The same with the gfx from the fedora-logos package. I can try to see what I can squeeze out of the fedora-logos package when I get home tonight.

~m