Open source and diagramming survey

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Mon Apr 27 16:47:13 UTC 2009

chung at engr.orst.edu said the following on 04/26/2009 04:27 PM Pacific Time:
> Dear open source contributors,
>
> I am Eunyoung Chung, a Masters student working with Dr. Jensen at
> Oregon State University.
>
> We are currently doing a research project in collaboration with Dr.
> Truong and Ph.D student Koji Yatani at University of Toronto. Our goal
> is to understand how contributors communicate and collaborate in Open
> Source Software (OSS) projects, including diagramming practices.
>
> We are seeking volunteers for a quick survey on this topic. Any person
> who is actively working on a OSS project is eligible. The survey takes
> approximately 10-15 minutes, and the 5 volunteers will be picked to
> receive a $30 Amazon gift certificate. Your participation is anonymous
> (unless you consent to have us contact you)
>
> Here is the survey address.
>
> https://secure.engr.oregonstate.edu/limesurvey/58564/lang-en
>
> We really appreciate your help!

May I suggest reworking the question "What are the major projects that
you have been involved in other than users?"

A bunch of individual OSS projects and ONE distro: Ubuntu are listed...
and you're asking Fedora folks to participate?

Listing more distros or least the ones you're seeking feedback from
might help discourage people from thinking that you are biased while
also encouraging them to finish the survey.

John