Dropping Gimp from the live cd

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Aug 5 14:08:53 UTC 2009

On 08/05/2009 04:53 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>>>
>>> But we didn't remove the useful application: firefox is still in :-)
>>
>> So i take the target audience of this spin is people using
>> applications in the "cloud" (web services)?
>>

> How about anyone who uses the internet?
> firefox and a terminal w/ssh gives me access to:
>
> 1. my email
> 2. all the news in the world
> 3. a system for developing on
> 4. the necessary tools for adding new things to my system
> 5. all the documentation I could ever want
>
> that sounds pretty encompassing to me.

So the audience of the Desktop Live CD, the one featured prominently on
the download page (the first item there) and described as "It's
everything you need to try out Fedora" is programmers/system administrators?

I may sound repetitive but I am genuinely curious to learn what the
people behind the spin see as their target.