Dropping Gimp from the live cd

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 13:54:51 UTC 2009

Paul W. Frields (stickster at gmail.com) said:
> > Some best-of-breed open source stuff like puppet, or apache,
> > or <insert other examples here> doesn't really lend itself to a
> > demo-ware spin. Which doesn't mean you shouldn't/couldn't have one,
> > but it's not going to be a full best-of-breed of what Fedora can do.
>
> Is there any appeal in doing something more useful with
> start.fedoraproject.org, the default browser home page?  Such as
> putting a few best of breed apps on the page, with links to the latest
> builds that PK can install at a click?

See bug 315171; there's been ideas floated in this space for a while,
but there just haven't been people with time to take the ball and
run with it.

If there are people on this thread who want to tackle these sorts of
thing and have the time to do it (I think we've sort of conclusively
proven that the base development & packaging people don't, unfortunately),
I'm all for it.

Bill