Re: Linux users want better desktop performance (Screw data. Prioritize code)

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Christopher Montgomery
<xiphmont gmail com> wrote:

> It's because a) virtually everything is backed by a db today (firefox
> is a pig because every keypress is firing off multiple database
> queries

I believe there's some work in Firefox 3.1 to make these queries
asynchronous.  The primary issue is the amount of I/O they're doing in
the mainloop thread, which is always a big user experience mistake in
desktop applications.