Alpha checkpoint

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 13:26:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 11:32 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> - Brasero. Upstream GNOME is moving towards replacing nautilus-cd-burner
> with brasero in 2.26 (following a move that some distros have already
> made). Some integration issues clearly still have to be worked out, but
> we should consider if we want to follow this in F11, or stay with
> nautilus-cd-burner for the time being. Even if we decided to do that,
> we'll have to look at possible conflicts if n-c-b and brasero are
> installed at the same time.
Last time I tried brasero (it was F9 I believe) it kept trashing my DVDs
(CDs were fine), n-c-b does not suffer that issue. So I hope I won't
loose my last resort for safely burning data DVD by this switch.

And yep, as someone noted in this thread as well, I'd like it to be just
a burning backend - I'd like to keep buring data DVDs using nautilus,
audio CDs using rhythmbox,... It's much more convenient for me than one
know-it-all burning app...

Martin