Fedora 11 Alpha screenshots

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 19:53:20 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 01:21:07PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Matthias Clasen wrote:
>> On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 03:10 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can someone take screenshots of very user visible changes such as the
>>> new volume control and add them to
>>>
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_Alpha_release_notes
>>>
>>> If you can some short descriptions, that would be helpful as well.
>>
>> Are we trying to turn the alpha into more than it is supposed to be ?
>
> Not sure why you ask that. I am just trying to fill in more of the
> release notes and we can reuse the material elsewhere as well. If we can
> show improvements, we get to encourage more people to test it and provide
> early feedback. Documenting changes in part of that process.

I think Matthias meant that the Alpha is intended for a highly
technical developer/tester audience, for whom screenshots aren't very
compelling.  And since interfaces have a way of changing by the time
the Beta and Preview come around -- when we ask for participation by
the general public -- it might make sense to hold off until the
pre-Beta timeframe.  The concept is good, just the timing may be a bit
premature.

Nevertheless, if there are upstream screenshots that we can use, it's
not that big a deal either way.