Fedora 11 Alpha screenshots

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 28 20:33:20 UTC 2009

Paul W. Frields wrote:

> I think Matthias meant that the Alpha is intended for a highly
> technical developer/tester audience, for whom screenshots aren't very
> compelling.

I thought so too earlier on but from interacting with users, it isn't
quite true. Even for alpha or beta releases, a lot of people (and press)
like screenshots. Screenshots and screencasts attract people throughout
development cycle. Any major change in the interface like Plymouth in
the earlier release and volume control in this release is definitely
worth highlighting.

Also, instead of trying to put together all of the release notes at the
end of the cycle, I am trying to do it more incrementally and do a
better job each milestone. Except for a few notes about what a alpha or
beta release means, it is worth taking it as seriously as the general
release. I am now more or less done with the Fedora 11 Alpha release
notes and pretty happy with it.

Rahul