Question about netbook screens

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jul 24 06:11:30 UTC 2009

On 07/24/2009 01:00 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> When I talked to someone with an EeePC today, he told me he wanted to
> have Fedora 11 but had to install another OS, because Fedora would
> sometimes draw windows whose action areas weren't on the screen, so he
> couldn't make button selections.  I don't have a netbook, so I don't
> know if or how this problem might be solved, and was hoping someone
> could tell me.

Yes, his happen sometimes on my 1024x600 screen, an example is the
"Account Settings" in Thunderbird.
Another example is Inkscape when before 0.47 (we have a development
snapshot in F11 which finally works OK) it was not possible to fit the
*main window* on the small screen.

But in most of the cases I find a normal GNOME desktop (with both
panels, at the top and bottom) usable enough that I don't want anything
else.