Re: A less cluttered desktop

On 07/22/2009 09:56 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> In anticipation of the corresponding upstream change, I have just built
> a change to the GConf schemas in libgnome to not show icons in menus and
> buttons by default anymore.
>
> This change may take a little while to get used to, but I hope that most
> people will come around and appreciate the less cluttered desktop.
>

> Feedback appreciated
I expected this change to be more a to shock to the end user than it
turned out to be.The feed back I received was that having icons in
"Places" felt out of place to the rest of the menu. The only solutions
to that problem when asked was to either bring back all the icons or
move either applications in "Places" or place "Places" in whole under
"Applications" or "System" so the path to it would be Application -->
Places or System --> Places.

Hope this feedback is somewhat helpful

JBG
begin:vcard
fn:Johann B. Gudmundsson
n:Gudmundsson;Johann B.
org:Reiknistofnun - University of Iceland;IT Management
adr:Taeknigardi;;Dunhagi 5;Reykjavik;;107;Iceland
email;internet:johannbg hi is
title:Unix System Engineer RHCE,CCSA
tel;work:+3545254267
tel;fax:+3545528801