How to set policy for user on specific folder from drive.

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 21:26:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 12:54 -0800, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:

> After reading that intensive topic [1], I read documentation about
>
> pklocalauthority. In my scenario, I would like allow user to only read
> specific folder from other partition from other hard-drive.

That's not under policykit's remit, really. policykit can deal with
policies regarding mounting drives, but not what you get to see on what
drive. That would appear to be exactly what good old file/folder
permissions and/or ACLs are for? Why can't you do that?

(smarter folks do correct me if I'm obviously gibbering).

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey