Some recent changes

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 20 13:46:15 UTC 2009

On 10/20/2009 07:11 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 18:42 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> On 10/20/2009 06:24 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>>> Since some folks have wondered, here is a list of some recent changes we
>>> have done to the panel configuration in the desktop spin:
>>>
>>> - Gnote has been moved to the left, with the other launchers, the user
>>> switcher has been moved to the far right and the show desktop button has
>>> been removed.
>>
>> Why did you remove the show desktop button?
>
> Because 'where did all my windows suddenly disappear to ?' is a very
> frightening question for people who are not aware what they just clicked
> by accident.

They don't see the window list in the bottom? The show desktop button
has been in the GNOME panel for years and years. I am not sure why you
wait for such changes to be done at the last minute.  Where does such
changes get discussed?

If you had done it earlier in the development cycle and announce/discuss
the changes before you do them, it would be helpful to gather feedback
and document the gconf keys and what not in the release notes. These
sort of unannounced changes done tend to frustrate people a lot.

Rahul