Some recent changes

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 15:48:23 UTC 2009

Matthias Clasen said the following on 10/20/2009 08:33 AM Pacific Time:
> On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 08:06 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
>
>> I think removing the hide desktop button is a really bad change too.  I
>> also don't understand why these changes continue to pile on when we are
>> way past past alpha and feature freeze.  These do not seem like "bug
>> fixes."  Are more changes planned too?
>>
>> Is there a compelling reason (e.g. user interaction study, etc.) why
>> this change is being made and why it has to be made now?
>
> This change has to be made now because we want F12 to be as polished as
> it can be. Dropping dead and refraining from any further changes at beta
> time might be comforting to rel-eng and qa, but it is not conductive to
> getting the best release we can.
>
> I strongly deny that we have to provide a 'user interaction study' for
> every change we make.

Please quote the section above where I said you "have to provide a user
interaction study." I still don't see the compelling reason for this
change beyond that you thought it should happen.

Is this an upstream decision or maybe you "are upstream"?  I'm still
trying to understand how all this works :)

Thanks,
John