Some recent changes

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 18:05:47 UTC 2009

> On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 10:47 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> >  so again I just can't
> > quite see why Matthias seems to be saying it wasn't possible to make
> > these changes earlier in the cycle. I just genuinely can't see why
> > that's the case.
>
> It did not happen earlier for the mere reason that none of us was in
> fulltime polish mode back then, so nobody took the time to sit down and
> look at the panel configuration and consider possible improvements back
> then.

Ah - so it's a 'did not', not a 'could not'.

I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way, and Jesse will correct me if
I'm wrong, but I really think the development schedule is not intended
to work this way. The post-beta phase is for fixing critical bugs - as
the Beta release announcement put it, "Only critical bug fixes will be
pushed as updates leading up to the general release of Fedora 12,
scheduled to be released in mid-November" - not for 'polish' as defined
in this thread. That kind of change is intended to happen earlier in the
cycle, for all the reasons discussed in this thread. So right now, the
process of the desktop team does not seem to sync up exactly with the
stated project release schedule...

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey