Re: Some recent changes

On 10/20/2009 02:54 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
Since some folks have wondered, here is a list of some recent changes we
have done to the panel configuration in the desktop spin:

- Gnote has been moved to the left, with the other launchers, the user
switcher has been moved to the far right and the show desktop button has
been removed.

- We have added padding between objects on the panel. If you don't like
this for some reason, you can remove it by
gconftool-2 --type int --set /apps/panel/toplevels/top_panel/padding 0
gconftool-2 --type int --set /apps/panel/toplevels/bottom_panel/padding 0

- We have added padding between status icons in the notification area.
If you like your icons close to each other, use
gconftool-2 --type int --set /apps/panel/applets/systray/prefs/padding 0

Not that I'm asking you to change anything of this back, you can knock yourself out all you want.

I don't like these changes. I've changed them back with the commands you've given me. I'll need to change them everywhere I go, and everywhere I manage desktop systems. Again, I don't like these changes.

Next time, I might just re-consider using KDE (and have my users use KDE as well, while I'm at it).

-- Jeroen