UI Discussion

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Oct 21 07:04:12 UTC 2009

On 10/21/2009 01:40 AM, Owen Taylor wrote:

>   - How does the Fedora desktop work you? That's legitimate, just
>     remember, you are not even a typical Fedora user, much less a
>     typical computer user. So, discussion from this perspective
>     is best if you can suggest ways that make Fedora better for
>     you *and everyone else*.

Considering Fedora has a defined target audience
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Is_Fedora_For_Me) which is *not*
'everybody', I think people subscribed to this list are pretty much
typical Fedora users.

> If you want to be part of the Fedora desktop team, don't worry about
> whether you are being consulted on every individual decision. Nobody is,
> whether they have a @redhat email or not. Worry about what you can be
> working on to make the desktop better. If you doing cool things to make
> the desktop better and you are being ignored, and you aren't getting
> those cool things in, complain! And if you want to help, and have the
> time and skills to help, and its not clear what you should be doing to
> help, complain about that too.

But people outside of a small group are often made to not feel welcomed
so after a while you stop bothering to try.