Introduction to a new SIG for creation of Live DVD

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Wed Sep 16 15:16:20 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Benny Amorsen <benny+usenet at amorsen.dk> wrote:
> Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> writes:
>
>> I'd imagine that running the "live Anaconda" UI from inside the GDM X
>> session wouldn't take significantly more resources than the Anaconda
>> OS after creating an image that doesn't have games, etc.
>
> Images sound significantly more difficult to create and maintain than
> kickstart-files.
>
> I would really hate to lose kickstart.

No one's suggesting replacing kickstart, actually I think we way
undersell it.  What I'm talking about is the mode where the image
boots directly into Anaconda as a complete OS should instead be a live
image with Anaconda as an application, which for the most part would
be the same except you'd gain the ability to run say Firefox (or any
other app; games), or do "yum install" during the install.