Fedora 9 Feature Freeze Approaching--All Feature Owners Please Read

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Sat Feb 23 00:15:40 UTC 2008

Greetings from Feature Country,

If you are a current Fedora 9 feature owner, please make sure your
feature has been accepted and is listed on this page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/FeatureList.  If you expected
to find your feature there, but did not, please make sure your feature
page is complete and in CategoryProposedFeature so that I can propose it
for acceptance at FESCo's next meeting.

Just a brief reminder that the Fedora 9 Feature Freeze is currently
schedule for Tuesday, March, 4, 2008.  This means a few things.

First, after this date *no new features will be accepted for Fedora 9*
as we shift our attention from development and testing to stabilization,
testing, testing, and testing.

Second, with the Fedora 9 Beta release following the freeze date we will
be asking all feature owners to review their feature pages to make sure
they are current, update the % of completion and "last updated date".
Information on these pages will serve as a community focal point for
your feature.

Third, any features that are not complete by the freeze date will be
evaluated by FESCo to determine if they should remain in Fedora 9 or be
deferred to a future release.  If you know for sure that your feature is
not ready for Fedora 9, please change its feature page to
CategoryProposedFeature to save us time making this determination.

The complete feature process is described here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy

Thanks for your help,
The Feature Wrangler