Tie a bow on it!

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Nov 20 22:45:12 UTC 2008

Folks, I've just set the directory permissions
on /pub/fedora/linux/releases/10 so that our mirror system can sync it.
This is it, 10 is in the can!  On Tuesday we'll set the permissions so
that the whole world can get their hands on Fedora 10.

It has been a long and strange road, with unexpected bumps and detours,
but we've gotten through it and produced yet another rockin' release.
Everybody should take a moment or three and collectively pat yourselves
on the back.  You've earned it.

So what happens now?  Tomorrow I'll be attempting to do the first push
of Fedora 10 updates.  This will let us ensure that particular system is
working, and get you folks still running "rawhide" first crack at the
0-day updates.  The redirect in place that sends requests for Fedora 10
updates to rawhide will be disabled in mirromanager so that you can
consume the real Fedora 10 updates.  Shortly before 10 goes live, we'll
let loose all the F11 packages into rawhide and disable that redirect as
well.  Folks may have a day or 3 where they don't have yum access to the
whole of Fedora 10 content, but that's fine.

Then we start this whole she-bang all over again with Fedora 11.  A full
Fedora 11 schedule should be coming soon, and we've got some interesting
proposals for that which will hopefully make the ride smoother (as we
always try).

Thanks again for all your work, have a frosty beverage of our choice in
the name of Fedora!

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!