[fedora-java] Eclipse and Tomcat - where?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Dec 21 00:56:56 UTC 2005

--On Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:12 AM +0100 Robert Schuster
<theBohemian at gmx.net> wrote:

> It is possible to run tomcat with your userid. All you need is a stripped
> down version of the tomcat directory somewhere in your home dir where you
> have read & write access.

I'm tinkering with Open For Business (http://www.ofbiz.org/) and I've
checked out the latest code from their Subversion repository. The startup
script runs a local copy of tomcat (v4, I think) for testing. I haven't
gotten it to work yet (I get "no host configured" when connecting to its
port) but that does suggest that this is the normal way to debug servlets
without being root.