[fedora-java] Eclipse and Tomcat

Adam Batkin devel at batkin.net
Thu Dec 22 23:32:59 UTC 2005

I believe it's the Eclipse Webtools project (WTP), which is composed of
a few subprojects including what it calls Web Standard Tools (WST) and
J2EE Standard Tools (JST).

The 1.0 release (well, release candidate-until tomorrow they claim) has
a few dependencies on later versions of EMF and I think JEM, but I'm
pretty sure I was able to get 0.7.1 working on a stock Fedora Core 4,
though with similar complications to what Daniel had (I'm away from my
linux box for a couple weeks now, can't check). I think the problems
were ownership of tomcat files and the fact that it wouldn't properly
identify the tomcat installation directory because files were named
different. Anyway, 1.0 will supposedly be out tomorrow (the 23rd of
December), so it might be worthwhile working from there to package it up.

See: http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/
Also, my previous reply:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-java-list/2005-December/msg00065.html

Hope this helps,