[fedora-java] rssowl: libgcj bugs that need fixing for it to run

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Wed Jul 27 18:16:28 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Anthony" == Anthony Green <green at redhat.com> writes:

Anthony> The attached trick appears to work.  Rather than wrap the
Anthony> pthread_create symbol, we override it with our own
Anthony> implementation and then use a glibc runtime linker trick to
Anthony> get a pointer to the real pthread_create.

This seems like a reasonable approach when libgcj is linked into the
resulting executable.  But how can it work if we dlopen() libgcj and
then attach a previously-existing thread?

I was wondering if there was some /proc-reading approach (or something
like that) that we could use to find information about threads.

Tom