[fedora-java] Automating pre-build/checkout steps for eclipse features/plugins?

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Thu Jul 7 15:58:58 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 09:56 -0400, Robin Green wrote:
> While hacking on the eclipse-pydev rpm, and looking at packaging
> eclipse-emf and eclipse-ve for fedora,

Phil Muldoon has already packaged EMF, GEF, and VE for our RHDS
offerings.  I've CCd him because he thinks that some work will be needed
to update these to work with Eclipse 3.1  There are also issues that
could bite us with our not-yet-complete swing implementation in Fedora.
You two should discuss it.  It would be great if you could shepherd
these into Fedora Extras!

> I've noticed that the procedure you have to follow to check out source
> code from CVS before you can even build a new version of a package,
> isn't obvious.

Yeah, it sucks.  Ben worked on a proposal to make this much easier:

http://www.bagu.org/eclipse/plugin-source-drops.html

> It may well be the case that the procedure for checking out most eclipse
> features from CVS in the right structure is in fact extremely simple.
> However, simple it may be, but it doesn't appear to be documented
> anywhere.

Ben sent a message to this mailing list a while back about how to
generate the CDT tarballs: