[fedora-java] Compiling a basic SWT app on FC4

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Fri Jul 15 12:44:54 UTC 2005

* Billy Biggs <vektor at dumbterm.net> [2005-07-15 08:20]:
>   Upstream at eclipse.org, we provide a separate SWT download, which is
> just swt.jar alone along with all of the shared libraries.
>
>   IMHO, this package should be providing something similar.  An swt.jar
> file, and the .so files, suitable for building standalone applications.

I thought I had mentioned this before, but here it is again:  upstream, we
did work to extract the .sos at install time.  This work didn't make it
into FC4 due to time and size constraints.  As soon as we get a gcc update
to FC4, 3.1 final will hit as an update which has these .sos extracted.

Andrew