[fedora-java] jpackage.org and FC4

Gary Benson gbenson at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 12:48:28 UTC 2005

John M. Gabriele wrote:
> Should FC4 users be using *any* packages from jpackage.org?

Yes, if you want to use JREs and SDKs other than the one we ship.
And also yes if you want to use Java applications other than the
ones we ship.

However, FC4 users should be careful about upgrading packages when
such an upgrade would result in a Fedora package being replaced with
a JPackage one.  Doing this will in many cases cause you to lose
performance and/or function when using our JRE.

In short, update from JPackage's yum repository at your peril.

Cheers,
Gary