[fedora-java] JOnAS in FC5

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Sat Jun 25 23:32:19 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 19:42 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Unfortunately after poking a bit at port 9000 with the webbrowser it
> seems to die without giving me any real feedback except 'JOnAS server
> jonas unreachable'. After that I need to kill some processes to try and
> start it again.

I did a yum upgrade and it gave me new jonas and jonas-client packages.
And they work!

At least the /jonasAdmin things work (after guessing the user/password).
I can even add new http connectors (although https doesn't seem to work
yet) and query lots of the installed MBeans. As you said the graphs
don't work yet and seem to crash the server since it tries to access our
AWT gtk+ peers that want a Display connected. We need to figure out how
to work in headless mode for server-side things.

JSPs seem broken since the compiler somehow seems to get a wrong
classpath. It cannot find any imports like javax.servlet.*,
org.objectweb.jonas.*, ... There must be some classpath property set
wrongly by I haven't figured out where/what.

It takes a while before it all starts up. But it feels pretty smooth
when it actually runs. Great work!

The amount of dependencies is amazing. Does someone have a graph of
them, or is it easy to create a picture of the rpm dependency graph
somehow? It would be fun to have one for Eclipse and Jonas.

Cheers,

Mark