[fedora-java] Eclipse on s390{,x}

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Wed Mar 2 21:12:47 UTC 2005

Hi,

Anyone interested in working on $subj?  Since we're using the Eclipse
compiler as our bytecode compiler, the java stack is incomplete on
platforms on which we don't build Eclipse.

I don't know how easy this will be, but I'm hoping it's just a matter of
adding the required files (ie. duplicating the work of, say, ia64 for s390
and ppc64 for s390x) and adding sections where appropriate.

Ideally we'd contribute this work back upstream to the Eclipse Foundation,
but I think Ben Konrath mentioned something about doing that requiring
machines or builds or something?  Ben, any comments on that?

I don't have any machines on which to test this work, and I'll do it myself
if no one is interested, but I thought I'd open the door if anyone wants to
give it a shot.  We should probably have it ASAP so that our platform
coverage is complete.

Andrew