[fedora-java] Self Introduction - Bob Deblier

Bob Deblier bob.deblier at telenet.be
Wed Mar 9 12:11:01 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 11:44 +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
>  > at I'm looking for is advice on the best approach to integrate
>  > building a CSP jar file, deriving native interface headers from
>  > multiple classes, followed by compiling a C shared library with the
>  > native code.
>
> Sounds good.  This will be a once only job, will it?

Actually, what you suggest makes sense: headers to be generated once by
me and included in the cvs and tarball - they shouldn't change. I was
doing the following:
- figure out which build system is available
- generate the jar file with Ant
- generate the header files from the jar file with Ant
- compile the shared library

>  > My tentative approach is using autoconf to figure out if either gcj/gcjh
>  > or javac/javah is available, generate a build.xml file for Apache Ant. I
>  > have this working for Sun's JDK. Support for gcj should be easier once
>  > libgcj contains javax.crypto - is this planned for 4.0?
>
> It seems to be there.  Is there anything specific that you think might
> be missing?

It's not in version 3.4.3-2 and probably should have investigated
libgcj-4.0.0 before asking ;)

Thanks,

Bob