[fedora-java] tomcat5

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 17:20:20 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 11:24 -0500, Thomas Fitzsimmons wrote:
> I've been seeing that message too.  First of all, why does the urls
> field of VMClassLoader not print *all* jars in the extensions directory?
> Is this a libgcj bug?

It certainly looks that way.

>  The other annoying thing is the difference
> between /usr/share/java-ext, /usr/lib/java-ext and /usr/share/java/ext.
> We either need to change the JPackage standard to point
> to /usr/share/java/ext or we need to hard-code /usr/share/java-ext
> and /usr/lib/java-ext into libgcj as extensions directories.  Defining
> java.ext.dirs in all the wrapper scripts is turning out to be quite
> fragile.  In this case the mx4j jar probably installs
> in /usr/share/java-ext and it doesn't look like java.ext.dirs is getting
> set properly (to /usr/share/java-ext:/usr/lib/java-ext) for you.

I don't think that's really the problem, since mx4j doesn't install in
any extensions directory.  It probably should for gcj at least, since
it's included in Sun's rt.jar.

But it seems that gcj should have it's own extension directory.

jmx is also set up to use "alternatives".

I don't know what the right answer is.  Suggestions?

AG